The economy has been unsettled for the last few years, and as a result, home builders and customers have seen trends that are a direct result of the current economic state. Changes consist of the following:
- More energy efficiency - a result of both regulation, high oil prices, and an overall desire to reduce operating costs of homes
- More "Green" - recycled and renewable products are now common place in hew home construction
- Smaller - average new home sizes have consistently gotten smaller over the last several years
- Flexibile - Homes are designed flexible spaces that have multiple uses, maximizing the utility of a home
- Storage - Having lots of storage is critical in new homes, as many buyers are downsizing
As a Custom Home Builder on Cape Cod, we have seen all of these changes first hand, and across the board, these types design concept have resulted in better, more efficient,longer-lasting homes. If you are thinking of building your New Home or Remodeling your Home on Cape Cod, CONTACT US today to see how we can help!
Here is the complete article from Msn.com: 8 Ways the Economy is Changing New Homes