We have published our 2017 Construction cost guide! 2017 Will be a dynamic year in the construction business, with pending building code changes, lumber price increases, and a scarcity of skilled labor. We have continued to see a high demand for vacant lots this year as well, as the aging housing inventory on the Cape, and low supply of quality existing homes has prompted a boom in new construction.
Despite these pending changes, investments in expertly designed, and exceptionally crafted custom homes have a great long term potential return!
Here are some of the other trends we are seeing:
- Smaller, more efficiently designed floor plans
- Stronger demand for energy efficiency upgrades like solar, spray foam insulation etc.
- Finished or partially finished basement areas, which provides additional living area at a lower unit cost
- Highly detailed exteriors on smaller homes, with enhanced trim, window upgrades for both durability and style
- Demand for homes with contemporary styling, both inside and out
- Strong demand for waterfront or walk to water homes, with solid return on investment.
- Continued stream of new and more stringent regulations that will continue to increase cost, but will provide for much more efficient homes in the future
REEF Builders provides complete design / build services for your Cape Cod home project. We offer expert architectural design and permitting services, along with complete construction services from start to finish. If you are considering building a new Custom Home, or planning an addition or renovation on your existing home. Contact REEF Today!